PILLOWPIA is a home accessories shop dedicated to offering easy eclectic pieces in an accessible way. Founder Pia Rappaport-Goldman brings her playful and uncomplicated style to the table where form and function both have equal seating. Her fine and commercial art education, coupled with her background building archives for major fashion designers, translates into an aesthetic that is enduring, transportive, and deeply rooted in nostalgia.
We are looking for creative and detail oriented interns to participate in our print design process for the next season. Structure can be paid or internship for credit.
Projects to Include:
- Design original textile designs for print based on inspiration documents and swatches (computer aided or by hand are both ok)
- Organize and maintain print inspiration library
- Print research
- Gain knowledge of print design and fabric printing processes
- Participate in design meetings
- 2+ years of Graphic Design, Communication Design or Fine Art education preferred
- Highly proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator or fine art background
- Demonstrate understanding of Print repeats and Print Cad work or able to create hand artwork that can be converted to print repeats
- Able to work in multiple types of print design including florals, stripes, and conversational types of prints as well
- Understanding of our brand aesthetic
To apply, please email resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org