Get your aprons off their hooks, it's time for a fall bake! We asked our baker friend, Rachael to teach us how she crafts her beautifully delicious apple galettes. Seriously, this recipe is great even for those of us who aren't as confident in the kitchen. It's tasty, easy, but it looks like you spent hours on it therefore, this is the perfect recipe for impressing the family this holiday season.
Rachael is wearing our Classic Fit Apron in camel
Cinnamon Apple Galette
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
• 3–4 tablespoons ice water
For The Filling:
• 4 medium apples
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 4 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into small cubes
• 1 egg, for egg wash
• 1 pint vanilla ice cream, for serving
4. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
5. Sprinkle a work surface with flour. Roll your dough out into rectangle – about ½ inch thick.
6. Peel and core your apples. Cut them in half, then slice the halves into very thin slices (basically as thin as you can get them). Fan each half out by pressing it slightly, place on tart.
7. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the apples. Place the pats of butter over the apples (they will melt into the tart as it cooks!). Lift the dough over the edge of the apples.
8. Mix egg and brush over crust. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the apples are soft and the crust is golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream!
Recipe inspired by Broma Bakery